Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Mothers Day
I had a great Mother's Day this year. I sometimes feel guilty as I sit through sacrament meeting and hear all the wonderful things our graduating senior boys say about their mothers and wonder what my kids would have to say about me if they were on the stand. Oh well, I do my best and hope my kids love me no matter what. I LOVE being a Mom. It is the greatest job on earth!
I was completely satisfied with the flowers Mark had given me on Saturday. However, he surprised me by sending me off to church with the kids as he was "running late". I came home to some added surprises.
Mark and I have a running joke when it comes to See's candies. One year he got me a pound of Sees candy for Valentines Day. I got mad at him (in a joking way), saying he was not helping me with my figure. In the cutest voice he says, "But, dear......... they're nuts and chews!". It just cracked me up. Ever since then, he continues to tempt and taunt me with these irresistible "nuts and chews" variety of Sees chocolates! The kids gave me a Bath and Body works gift package so I could indulge myself in a bath AND eat my chocolates while soaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mother of 6 huh. If you look at it that way me too. WhooHoo! no need to even try to get pregnant again. We have a full house. Maybe if I start getting baby hungry I can just get another dog, or husband. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment